Yes, we support your recycling of pop tabs for the benefit of our program and value this donor activity by many community groups and individuals in and around Tampa Bay. Please bring your tabs to one of our three Houses for recycling, or if it's more convenient, you may take them to your nearest recycler and have them issue us a check. If you have questions about recycling for RMH, please contact Alison Barrick at (813) 258-6430, ext. 2.
Watch how five-year old Eugene collected 14,000 tabs!
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tampa Bay has built a partnership with national recycling companies to recycle and give back. This unique fundraising program will generate revenue for the Ronald McDonald House and also help your company protect the environment.
If you currently recycle we can meet the price and still give back. If you don’t recycle, it’s not too late to help make a difference. Are you not sure what to do or how to start? For business paper shredding, please call Brenda Goodwin at Secure On-Site Shredding at 877-974-7337. For business recycling, call Jason LeBlanc at Conex Recycling at 813-919-0340 or toll free 1-866-try-conex. For paper recycling, call Billy LeBlanc - St. Pete Recycling at 727-278-5293.
McDonald's owner/operators and employees are very involved with the Ronald McDonald House in our area. They provide for 35% of our operating budget through canister collections, in-restaurant promotions, and store fundraisers. The other 65% comes from community support and special events. But, as a not-for-profit with four houses and a $2.3 million annual budget, we rely on the community to help provide for our pediatric families.
The United Way organization recommends that a non-profit organization not exceed 25% of its income for administrative and fundraising costs. We are very proud of the fact that the Ronald McDonald House of Tampa Bay consistently averages 10-13% annually for our combined fundraising and administration expenses.
Canister collections go directly to Ronald McDonald House to help keep our doors open for pediatric families. Operational costs include electricity, water, food, paper products, etc. Although 25% is sent to the national office in Chicago, the funds are placed in our grant-making account that comes back to our community to support student college scholarships and other children's charities in our eleven county geographic service area.
The Ronald McDonald House of Tampa Bay serves families that reside out of the area and are seeking medical treatment for their child at bay area pediatric health care facilities. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis.
Yes. Individuals and groups of 10 or less may schedule a tour of the Ronald McDonald House by contacting each House (see bottom of page for contact information). Tours are conducted between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To qualify to stay in one of our Houses, a family may be referred or verified by a hospital social worker, nurse, physician or medical staff.
The House has private bedrooms and baths. Bedrooms are furnished with either two double beds or two twin beds. Maximum occupancy is four individuals per room (due to fire code restrictions). The House also provides a kitchen with fully-stocked pantry, dining room and laundry facilities, as well as indoor and outdoor recreation areas.
Families are asked to donate what they can towards their stay and is completely voluntary. The actual cost for maintaining each room is $65 per night.
In most circumstances, 30 days is our maximum stay. From time to time, based on special medical conditions, we do extend the stay limits for a family.
Families come to us via their own transportation or through special arrangements and sponsorships from outside groups.
No, but the Ronald McDonald House is very near and dear to Ronald's heart. He visits the children every other month at the Houses and the hospitals but at the end of each day he is tired and goes home to his very own house to rest.
Although McDonald's generously gives us food like Happy Meals for special occasions, we rely on moms, dads, school groups, local restaurants and friends like you to provide meals.
Yes, we have many board and computer games to provide quality family time away from the hospital. We even have special gifts for our young residents.